Senior Client Executive, interesting mix of consumer lifestyle and technology brands
Package: £25,000 - £28,000, depending upon experience, plus benefits + bonuses
Start date ASAP
Mash is an exciting place to work - where every member of the team is valued, trusted and empowered. We are a non-hierarchal communications consultancy where enthusiasm, loyalty and effort are rewarded. The sky really is the limit. We are a vibrant, creative and client-focused PR firm based in central London with an international client base, amazing benefits and a fun, engaging culture. Our clients are eclectic (in a VERY good way) and this makes us strive to excel in everything we do - as variety keeps us on our toes, keeps the pace up and ensures we remain a fresh-thinking, ‘can do’, upbeat and positive approach.
Due to recent client wins and our continued growth - we are expanding. We are looking for a PR pro who gets a HUGE thrill from seeing their clients cited in the press and enjoys hands-on media relations. We want to bring onboard someone who operates at a professional standard, with excellent credentials and experience in the management of press office tactics - including; news, features, briefings, reviews, product placements and press events.
The ideal person will be bright, ambitious, honest, dedicated, media-savvy and proud. Being proud is very important - as we take a great deal of pride in our clients and our business. They will be keen to build and grow their career - staying put in a role as the business grows and expands. We are not looking for a short-timer. Commitment and longevity are paramount. They will be able to mentor an expanding team of eager Account Executives and PR Trainees - in terms of leading tactical media relations outreach and handling journalist queries, on behalf of clients.
We also want them to be enthusiastic, fearless and driven, with lots of ideas for creating news stories and a tenacious attitude towards securing clients in the press. Aside to PR and media prowess, we expect the following from all of our people and these traits are what tie us together into a winning, successful and supportive team:
- Willingness to muck in and make things happen - we work hard and we work together
- Ability to press pause and have a laugh - switch off and enjoy your holiday (after your handover)
- Savviness of social media ingrained into your life - live it, breath it, post it, share it!
- Appreciation of what stories are in the news - and what’s coming next
- ‘Can do’ attitude to securing results - we WILL get good results
- Dislike of negativity and people who moan - this is boring and toxic
- An aversion to mediocre and second best - aiming for first is what we do
- Brevity to spot a positive angle in any situation - clients, team, suppliers, third parties
- Sense of humour and fun - don’t take yourself too seriously
- Honesty - call a spade a spade
- Smart, meticulous and fussy - attention to detail in everything (from emails to presentations)
- Pride - Mash rocks!!!
Mash is a highly-entrepreneurial business with exquisite standards. Our staff’s hard work is rewarded with bonuses, attractive benefits and an encompassing, inclusive working culture. We believe that individuals who flourish add greater value to the wider team and teams that foster individuals succeed.
If you think you have the experience we are looking for then please do get in touch. Our interview process isn’t scary. We do a first interview with two or three of the senior leadership team - to see if there is chemistry. Then we ask you a prescriptive list of questions, get you to do a couple of short exercises and, all being well, we will introduce you to our team for a quick ‘hello’.
To apply, please email your CV to Stu Campbell-Carran, Founder and Managing Partner at Mash.
firstname.lastname@example.org - We are looking to make this appointment as soon as possible so please do state your notice period along with your application.